If you come across liver diseases in your everyday clinical practice, if you are interested to adopt Hepatology-based career, if you are already a practicing Hepatologist and if you want to contribute to the betterment of liver care in Pakistan, you are welcomed to become Member of PSH which provides you the opportunities to develop your professional competency and proficiency.
Type of MembershipPSH offers Membership in the following categories
Regular Membership is awarded to those who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be a physician holding the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC).
- Candidate should have either a Postgraduate Certificate by American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Surgery, American Board of Radiology, American Board of Pathology or Royal Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons or College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan indicating postgraduate training in the field of Gastroenterology and Hepatology i.e. F.C.P.S, M.R.C.P, F.RC.S or Diplomate American Board of Gastroenterology.
- Candidate should have special interest in Hepatology and submit evidence to support this assertion either presenting his/her work in postgraduate courses, experience in various procedures related to liver diseases and the evidence that candidate in the opinion of the Credentials Committee is “Actively Participating” in the practice of Hepatology.
Two types of Regular Membership are offered:
- Ordinary Membership: All persons fulfilling above criteria and paying membership fee on annual basis.
- Lifetime Membership: Shall be open to any person who is eligible for ordinary membership on payment of an amount fixed by the Executive Committee from time to time.
Associate MembershipMembers who will potentially become a full member. They will be mostly trainees.
Allied MembershipNot advancing to associate and / or full membership e.g Nursing Staff / GPs
Honorary MembershipThe Executive Committee may recommend conferment of honorary membership to any person who has rendered meritorious services for the advancement of the cause of Hepatology.
Privileges of Members
- To have reduced registration fee for the Annual Meeting and Single Topic Conference (STC) organized by PSH.
- To receive publications, communications and the proceedings of the Society, if any.
- To attend General Body Meetings of the Society.
Cessation of Membership
- Any regular or associate member may resign from the Society by notifying his/her intention of doing so in writing to the General Secretary. The resigning member shall be required to pay all the dues against him/her before the Executive Council considers his/her resignation.
- Any member whose behavior and conduct had been derogatory to the objectives of the Society or the medical profession will be liable to have his/her name struck off the membership register, if the Executive Council considers so, after giving the member concerned full opportunity to present his/her case in writing or in person.